View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 11, 2008, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

I've only had this happen once, maybe twice to me. Granted I've only been doing this one year though. It happened during a U12 tournament game where a coach was about to head out to his defensive infielders, asked for time and was about to walk onto the field. He saw that his players were in position that he wanted, and basically said 'nevermind, we're good'. I didn't charge a conference, since like SDS said it wasn't an interruption to the game. Maybe 5-10 seconds at most.

Now to take this thread in another direction. I was reading through the casebook last night and it says that (not exact wording, doing my best to paraphrase) "If defensive coach A is attending to an injured player in the field, another coach from A can go out and have a conference with his fielders or pitcher, and there is no charged conference since it is taking place at the same time as the injury conference. However if the second coach is taking too long to leave the field, or if it is obvious that the injury was faked, a conference can be charged". I am not really sure why you shouldn't charge a conference to the second coach, since it is a meeting between coach and player.