View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 10, 2008, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Ozzy,

In NC (I beleive the whole state but at least in Area III), JR Legion is played by FED rules. SR Legion is modified OBR like everywhere else. Why the difference? I have no idea.

Like I said, I am not saying I was correct. I am saying that's how I read and reacted to the situation. Could I have gotten him for a conference? Yes..It was just the situation as I read it didn't clearly call for a charged conference. This particular coach has a history of attitude issues but we have always gotten along OK. At this point, the game was progressing smoothly and I didn't deem he had gained much of an advantage except for calling "time" and choosing not to do anything with it. I figure we lost about 30-45 seconds and that was it. Had he crossed the foul line or a player come towards him to meet him, you bet I would have charged him. I have charged coaches who stop at the foul line and have a player come towards them.

I can think of less than five times this has happened in over 15 years of umpiring so I don't think it happens that often.

PS- When I said "halfway out" in the above post, I meant half way between the dugout and the foul line. He never came with a few feet of the foul line. It may not change your opinion on the sitch but I just wanted to clairfy.

Last edited by Lawrence.Dorsey; Mon Nov 10, 2008 at 04:41pm.