View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 10, 2008, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence.Dorsey View Post
Had this same situation happen in a JR Legion game this summer played under FED rules. I was the PU. D-Coach asks for time and gets halfway out, may have said one or two words to defense, and goes back in dugout. It appeared to me he was caught up in the moment and really didn't know what he was doing.

My partner wanted me to charge a conference. I did not. Yes, I could have but in my opinion the crap storm to follow was not worth it. I have charged visits/conferences to coaches who have tried to circumvent the rule on several occasions. I deemed this one as a coach who was confused about what he wanted to do. Partner later said he could see my point but I think he still would have charged a conference. I like the foul line as a demarcation unless a player comes to the coach and talks with him. I agree this is not cut and dry and others may work their games differently.

Lawrence
Your partner was correct, there should have been a conference charged in this case. Also, since when is Jr. Legion played by FED rules? In my State (and I thought others), Jr. Legion is played by Legion rules (basically OBR).