Thread: Casebook help
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 10, 2008, 11:53am
Ch1town

Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
The only suggestion, for avoiding such a response in the future, is to consider how you approached the referee with the information. If you immediately pulled him aside and explained quietly that it was your understand that the rule has recently been revised to provide..........., you've done your job.
I do a little lower-level HS ball so I know the proper procedure to communicate with the crew. I also know how I like info brought to me when I'm wearing the WH. I'm not about I'm right but what's right...

Quote:
On the "comment" issue, again your rule interpretation is correct, and the Referee has no authority or jurisdiction to reclassify any foul you call, unless you are applying a rule incorrectly.
Didn't know that!

Quote:
Assuming "freaking" is a substitute for the actual word chosen, the USC penalty is not (at least by NFHS rule) an automatic disqualification. That's a decision you, as the calling official, get to make. In consideration of the age of the player, a more supportive referee may have chosen to provide a more detailed explanation of the incident to the offending player's coach allowing hime the opportunity to deal withe player and also consider the consequences of his yelling at his players from across the field.
Ooookaaayy, I should've mentioned the same player had been talked to on different occasions in the 1st half. He was hit with a USC prior to mine. So I believe I was as supportive as possible.
There was no "yelling across the field" you lost me there.

Thanks again, but I was really looking for similar casebook play.