Thread: Casebook help
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 10, 2008, 10:10am
Ch1town

Casebook help

Need a little help please. Just youth league ball (Fed ruleset) but still, it’s playoffs.

I usually run my own field (3 person) in the regular season but less teams = less fields thus I’m assigned as a forth on an existing veteran 3 person crew (their experience: youth league only). So 3rd game of a 4 gm set…

1. A7 runs towards the endzone & gets facemasked by B as he breaks the tackle to score.
Presentation to captain was “decline & TD stands”. I provided info to the WH that they didn’t have to decline. 8-2-2 gives the options of enforcing on the try or subsequent kickoff. But he shut me down, can anyone provide a similar case play for me?

2. A7 is tackled by B37 after gaining a first down near Team Bs sideline. Team Bs coach says to B37 "keep hitting, they’re getting tired". A7 gets up, looks directly at the sideline & says "I’m not getting FREAKIN” tired.
I hit him with a USC (12 yr olds).
The WH decides to make it a DOG instead because the kid wouldn’t play in next weekends Super Bowl if they advanced… That’s neither here nor there, I can accept being overruled. BTW, when that decision was made Team B coach protested the game.
My point is, the crew wanted to set the chains & mark off 5 for 1st & 15. Once again, I provided info to the WH that it occurred before the chains were set and a RFP whistle so we should mark then set as in 5-3-1. He shut me down once again, told the coach (right in front of me) that he can change my USC to DOG if wanted to & said he’d set the chains 1st & 15. Can anyone provide a similar case play for me?

Thanks in advance