View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 03, 2008, 05:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by With_Two_Flakes View Post
Someone earlier had a problem with your lack of movement, but I don't have a problem with you standing still. Main problem I have with officials when I assess them is that they have "happy feet" and move too much when they don't need to. In addition, when they do move - they move using the wrong style of movement. You should try to stay facing the field with your body shape for as long as possible only turning when you need to chase down a long run or pass.
I am the person that raised the issue of movement. There is a difference between movement and "happy feet." I cannot think of too many times where I am not moving a step or two. And certainly that is not the case as a wing. Even when the wing has to stay home, I still would be moving a little.

If you have forward progress, you tend to be moving with the ball or making sure you are following the ball. Standing completely still might take away your angle on a block or even the forward progress stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by With_Two_Flakes View Post
Whistle in the mouth would get you a ding if I assessed you.
No need for it and it will eventually get you into trouble one day. Try a finger whistle, try a wrist lanyard, try holding it in your hand as suggested earlier - find one of them that works for you as it will save you from an embarrassing IW.
Nothing looks worse than an official with a finger whistle. I would stay away from those because officials get in a habit of doing the "one arm" mechanic. You do not need a finger whistle or a wrist lanyard (which does not look good either) to just keep your whistle out of your mouth. All you have to do is either hold the whistle or let it drop from your lanyard that is around your neck.

Peace