View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 03, 2008, 05:03pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
This game was particularly challenging with the visiting coach...

We had a sideline warning in the first qtr that ended up with an USC on the head coach when my WH informed him of sideline procedures. The coach insisted I need to work on the field if they are in my way, my WH backed me up. He started enciting the crowd by speaking loudly to his coaches and using BIG gestures for them to get back. Worst part was if they had just remained calm the home team would have punted as it was 4 and 7 before USC. They were OK but still were not angels. (The JV coaches were better although I did accidentally knock an assistant on his azz.) In the second half of the varsity I had an assistant coach threaten me after I accidentally brushed him as I ran by on a punt that his team was R. I sent up for first down and he got my attention to tell me, "If you run into me again, I'll take you down!". I flagged it and probably should have ejected but didn't. Best part, they lost 48-15 and it wasn't that close.

I try to get my whistle out of my mouth, I spit it out about 1/2 the time right at the snap. Like I said, just a bad habit from a basketball official. I use the shuffle step the majority of the time unless, like you said, I am chasing a play down. I think that while there is definite room for improvement with my mechanics that they are pretty good and I am getting much better at squaring off on my spots.

Last edited by w_sohl; Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 05:07pm.