View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 02, 2008, 11:42pm
Official Forum Member

I am a first year official in Southeast Wisconsin (Milwaukee) where this game was actually played. I caught a brief bit of it on the replay on Friday night (the game was originally played Tuesday), but I also did notice that flags were in the back pocket, and that everyone I saw had a longsleeve black shirt underneath their stripes. I checked on the state association website who the crew chief was, but did not recognize the names.

About the longsleeve shirts, I'm sure that was up to the crew chief. But the state has no adaptations to the uniform code than what is in the NFHS manual. All it says in the WIAA website is that all must dress alike (which apparently they did not.) I was told at my beginning officials clinic that wearing jackets in WI is frowned upon, and should be long sleeve only.

I don't believe these are "All-Star" crews. Before the season, each crew chief submits availability to the state for playoff games, and I'm assuming he lists his entire crew. Then between rating cards and personal observation, they are assigned playoff games.

So those are my $.02 about it.