Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 02, 2008, 09:03pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Two, Or Three ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
If A1 throws the ball from halfcourt and it hits B1 in the head, while he is standing under the basket, then bounces up and enters the basket from above, there is no way that three points should be scored.
5.2.1 Situation C: A1 throws the ball from behind the three-point line. The ball is legally touched by (b) B1 who is in the two-point area; The ball continues in flight and goes through A's basket. Ruling: In (b), three points are scored since the legal touching was by the defense and the ball was thrown from behind the three-point line.

I'm confused ??? I know that in the Nevadaref case, the basket would not count if the horn were to sound before the ball went in the basket, because the try ends when it is certain the throw is unsuccessful, in this case by hitting B1 in the head, but I'm not sure that in Nevadaref case that the end of a try means that two points are scored instead of three?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Nov 02, 2008 at 09:31pm.