View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 29, 2008, 06:10pm
Esteemed Forum Member

When you get that odd ball play, you better know the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall_Junkie View Post
Not popular because it is the complete wrong mentality. I am of the school of thought that you need to know the rules backwards and forwards but also know how to properly apply them and use common sense. When you get that odd ball play, you better know the rules. Guys, YOU MUST KNOW THE RULES. ALL OF THEM. It is equally important to KNOW HOW TO APPLY THEM TO THE SPIRIT AND INTENT AS WRITTEN. IT NEED NOT BE ONE OR THE OTHER.
Great post. You're right. If you get that rare oddball play, you had better know the rule, because if you don't you, and your partner, are going to look like idiots, and the coaches, players, fans, local sports reporter, and the cable TV announcer are going to have a field day. Here in the Land of Steady Habits, we had officials come back out of the locker room, after the game "ended", after they has left the visual confines of the court, to correct a scorekeeping error. The "losing" team ended up winning. Fair? Probably. By the book? No. The officials were "hung out to dry", not only in the local press, but throughout the entire state. These officials will never live this down.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)