View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 29, 2008, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I also can't use quotes with the Quick Reply.

I'm sure that this problem has something to do with the permalink icon. The problem, and the icon, appeared at the same time. Why is permalink there? What do we use it for? How do we use it? What are the advantages of using it?
BM (I like it; I'm using it),

A couple of things: First, you can quote the post your "quick reply"ing to by checking the "Quote message in reply?" checkbox just below the text box. If you don't want the entire quote, you can still do this, post it, then quickly edit it (like I did above). The post, complete with quoted text, is shown in the edit window and you can easily edit it down.

Second, it's not likely to be related to the permalink "icon". But the recent appearance of that link is an indication that the forum software was updated. And you know what they say about software updates, it's trading old bugs for new ones. FWIW, I think the upgrade was an overwhelmingly positive change.

Third, while I don't agree with BBall_Junkie's offhand dismissal of IE (it is the single most ubiquitous browser on the planet, after all), his proposed remedy is valid. Switching to Firefox or Chrome or Safari would likely make this issue go away for you. I'm using Chrome. I like it. I don't have the issues you are seeing.