View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 11:01am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltdoggs View Post
Rock...At the lower level....Sorry...there is an element of sportsmanship that's being overlooked if you are pressing with a 25 point lead. You probably "worked on your press" this game to get that much of a lead anyway. Why not work on another area of your game like perfecting your offensive sets with crisp passing and not shooting the ball?

Most youth leagues I've worked don't allow a press past 20 but if you want to continue to pile on against what is obviously a sub-par team that can't break a press...there is just no place in youth sports for that. It's not win at all costs by as much as you can....that's for professional sports or a-holes and even pros will back off.
Colt, so what your saying is that the coaches, league officials, and parents can't decide what sportsmanship is, so therefore as the referee you will? At what level do you decide it's ok and they're old enough and the coaches mature? 4th grade? 5th? 6th? I understand what you're saying, but disagree.

PS - edited for spelling error before spelling police got me....

Last edited by grunewar; Mon Oct 27, 2008 at 11:23am.