View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 25, 2008, 10:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallfouls View Post
Then you can be the guy that calls the violation every time someone moves their head or adjusts their shirt or tells their teammates to get after it while awaiting a FT because that is what you are implying. It is up to the official to determine what is disconcertion.

What is taunting, baiting or gesturing that you are going to use for your determination?

Without enough information, I gave an option and a way to handle it.
Where did I imply that any little movement or talking should be called a violation? My point was, is, and remains simply this: If an opponent DOES disconcert a free thrower, a violation has occurred, without regard or consideration of the opponent's intent.

It's still a judgment as to whether or not the shooter was disconcerted. I cannot imagine a scenario where "someone mov[ing] their head or adjust[ing] their shirt or tell[ing] their teammates to get after it while awaiting a FT" would disconcert a free thrower. However clapping and hollering during a free throw...

Last edited by Back In The Saddle; Sat Oct 25, 2008 at 11:01pm.