View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 21, 2008, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbjones View Post
Nah, that's down in Portland. Up here we don't have enough left that haven't been torn down for more commie kickball fields to actually name them.

Up there, Budweiser is in the same complex as is the Pepsi field, which is where I almost passed out from drinking too much diet Pepsi and not enough water when it was about 180 degrees one fine summer day.

Also in the same complex are BFE Southeast and BFE Northwest. I once had a partner's life threatened out there in BFESE. But I thought when one of the FANS wanted kick his @$$ too AND called him a motorforker without saying it under his breath, that was WAY out of line. So I called in Duffy to restore the peace.

Fan got to leave the complex for the rest of the tournament. I got to work mid-morning Sunday (we taught 3BU three-man on the fly since she had never even seen it before!), My partner got to sleep in on Sunday since he got paid Saturday night.
BFE NW is now Ray DeMarini Field, as in the guy who made the bats. He was from Portland, for those who don't know.

At that park I've worked HS on BFE SE, Pepsi, Bud, and the Portland Marathon (the closest I'll ever get to a marathon). I try to avoid it, though--the traffic can be a b1tch at rush hour.