View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 20, 2008, 11:41pm
Archaic Power Monger

bison, I am a bit of a red @$$ but I might've considered making that not only a USC but flagarant as well. I take a very low opinion of a coach that thinks he can threaten us like that.

MNBlue...sorry to hear that. That is horrible.

The worst I've heard this year was during a youth game while working LJ. I had a coach in my ear from the first quarter about their receiver being held...I didn't see it once but it was supposedly there. Later in the quarter I had a spot on their opponent's ball carrier that they thought was a bit too generous. An assistant got in my ear and quietly said "You're just not seeing anything today." What made the comment worse was the way he said it with a whine, almost as if he were a 5 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

The most amusing comment this year so far was during a freshman game. I was working at HL, and had a big name school on my sideline. You more than likely have heard of them. Well the coach didn't like my PF call against his team for a decleater 25 yards behind the play. He asked me "What if we had run a reverse?!"

My response "Well coach you didn't, the play was long gone."

His last word "Oh come on, you wouldn't have called that in a varsity game!!!"

Never mind that I have but I didn't bother telling him that.

Last edited by Welpe; Mon Oct 20, 2008 at 11:45pm.