View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 20, 2008, 09:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
What was the worse that someone directed to you this season?
HS JV game. 3 officials. I already had called IG on the visiting QB, which was not very well received because "he was out of the tackle box". I tried explaing to them that that wasn't a high school rule, but it didn't matter.

Shortly before the end of the 3Q, I was forced to call another IG on the same QB. He threw it from 15 yds behind the LOS, into the home team bench, nowhere near a receiver, as he was being tackled. It was a huge penalty. After marking off the distance, the visiting assistant yelled at me from 35 yards away, "That was a home call!" I looked at him, didn't move, and he shouted it again. I dropped the flag.

3Q ends, and the visiting head coach wants to talk about the IG. He doesn't agree with what I told him I saw. I say OK, we don't have to agree. We spot the ball for the start of the 4Q and the wing on the visiting side blows his whistle, drops his flag. He tells me that the coach said the only reason you called that was because there are "two of us" coaching. We decided that we liked being called racists less than we liked being called cheaters.

NFHS, NCAA, NAFA
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh - "No Country for Old Men"