View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 18, 2008, 12:10pm
Official Forum Member

An interesting interference

I'm working a JH game last night out in BFE. As bkbjones can attest, the E in BFE is our farthest park from the known civilized world we call Puget Sound.

Anyway, our JH games are all solo ump, played with NFHS rules. So the play: R1 on 2B, dont care about outs or count. B2 is a RHB. F2 is set up deeper than usual, the typical 12 year old 'I'm scared to get hit by the bat and I'm not the starting catcher and I kinda know what I'm doing' catcher.

(Run with me for a second while I try to textually describe this sequence of actions.)

The pitch is delivered, and R1 decides to steal 3B. F2 stands up and cuts between me and B2 with a few steps, trying to clear us both and throw R1 out at 3B. At the same time F2 takes her steps, B2 pivots on her right foot, steps out of the batter's box with her left like they do to take the next sign.

As B2 step/pivots, F2's left foot hits B2's left foot as F2 makes her throw. F2's throw goes straignt into the dirt, as does F2. She takes a tumble, tripping on B2's leg.

I called B2 out, and return R1 back to 2B. OC wasn't a happy camper.

Thoughts?