View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 17, 2008, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtbryan View Post
does the a-11 offense have a place in the future of high school football & beyond?
For the next few weeks, yes (at least in the states that have not ruled it illegal), but next year I predict it will be forgotten.

Quote:
and, the a-11 greatly reduces injuries to the players, because they are more spread out across the field of play – resulting in less gang tackling and horrific pile-ups, where most of the severe injuries occur in football.
And what PROOF do you have on this statement. Sounds like another sales pitch to me. In my opinion, it increases the chance of injury due to the spread formation and the possibilities of "crackback" blocks. Horrific pile-ups?? That really sounds more like a salesman than a football coach.

Quote:
with testimonies of officials nationwide well documented on this web site and others, and in articles posted and forthcoming that the a-11 is indeed workable...
If you have testomonies from 10 officials out of the 50,000 (i'm guessing here) nationwide, that's .02%. That's bordering on Bush's approval rating, and far from the majority.

Quote:
what does that mean for the future of high school football for nfhs schools?
It means another rule change.

Quote:
the a-11 meets and/or exceeds all of the criteria listed in the nfhs rules book.....
How exactly does it exceed??

Quote:
1. Change nothing, because the a-11 has proven to be beneficial for the kids
Again, it has proven nothing and won't be around long enough to ever prove anything. The numbering exception was written for a reason, and this ain't it.