View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 17, 2008, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

The way you abuse the numbering exception is not what was intended by the rule. I have no problem with your offense if you would have 5 interior guys numbered 50-79. Then YES, your offense would be innovative.

Be sure to have a "Plan B" for 2009 since I'm going to venture a guess that the NFHS will outlaw this offense.

Also, your claim that NFHS reduces injury is incredibly erroneous. Actually, the worst injuries I've seen is from receivers crossing the middle and a DB taking his head off (which your offense actually INCREASES the chances of).

Additionally, your A-11 offense will not prepare your players for the next level what so ever (except MAYBE your WR's just because they've caught so many passes). No college runs a system like this, so you will not have RB's who know how to read blocks or hit a hole, no QB's who know how to read coverages that apply to REAL offenses, no TE's who won't be able to block a soul, and obviously no O-Linemen. In fact, your lack of 0-Linemen will affect the number of D-linemen you have as well. I have no idea how you stop the run when all of your front 7 players on defense are less than 200lbs.

Your claims for keeping the offense are incredibly weak.

Last edited by bossman72; Fri Oct 17, 2008 at 12:39pm.