View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 10, 2008, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down A fight to the death

"It's absurd that the Section doesn't even take it to committee," Sayville coach Rob Hoss said. "This official missed the play badly, didn't follow protocol, and my players are getting penalized. This whole thing is ridiculous.

"The head official blew the protocol by not listening and addressing my complaint on the field and convening with his crew. He spoke to the crew after the touchdown was scored and then I asked to speak with them about the play and he refused. I have a right to protest, and that in itself should be enough reason to listen to our complaint with the entire crew so they can think about it and make the right decision."

Bob Hallick, president of the Suffolk County Football Officials Association, said, "It was a judgment call and that's it. We don't have protests over judgment calls."

Hoss said the district plans to appeal yesterday's ruling.

"By Section XI rule, I have to protest on the field and the official has to give me the opportunity to make that protest," he said. "If he doesn't, then what kind of due process is that? This official basically broke the Section XI rule on the field. How can he explain the ball traveling 11 yards in the air from the ground without someone throwing it?

"Our biggest argument is that they never gave us due process to contest the call on the field," Hoss said. "I screamed at the official to come to me and hear what I had to say. He refused to hear my concerns about the illegality of the play. That in itself is a huge violation of Section XI protocol. The official has to explain why he didn't convene after I protested on the field. This is not over."

They were denied there 879th Admendment right of Due Process on the Football Field. How dare the referee not allow a protest on a judgement call. The coaches have been watching Law and Order for years...they know their rights. They should appeal the ruling to the Supreme Court. The outcome of this game is of national and international importance.

Like most everyone else here, I hate that this happended, especially to someone as well respected as Ed. But bad things happen some days. We learn and go on. Keep your head up guys...the screaming idiots will find something else to yell about soon.