View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 06, 2008, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

And I have, in the past, entered in on how I feel about this one. I know that Mike provides free training for umpires in his area. However, that is not the case in the area I am in. All ASA training around here, local, metro, state and national carry with it a fee. In some cases, a fairly substantial fee.

So, my belief is, just as the student in college, if I pay for my education, then you, the institution, have no right to tell me how to use this education. If I go to Baylor Medical School, they cannot tell me, that for the rest of my life, I have to work in a Baylor Medical franchise. Likewise, when I pay ASA for my training, they have no right to tell me that I can only use that training for ASA purposes. I am entirely within my rights to take the skills I have purchased from ASA, and go to Brand Z, Brand X, Brand Dos Equis, or whoever, and contract my services even though my skills are primarily those of an ASA umpire.

Just my .02, though looking at the way the market is going, it will on be my .0125 by the end of the day.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.