View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 05, 2008, 08:55am
Esteemed Forum Member

I Was Yelling To My Friends to Meet Me At The "Time Out" Sports Bar After The Game ..

Nevaderef was kind enough to post this a few weeks ago:

5.8.3 Situation E: A1 is dribbling the ball in his/her backcourt when: (a) the Team B head coach requests and is erroneously granted a time-out by an official; or (b) the Team A head coach is yelling "side out" offensive instructions to his/her team and the official stops play believing the coach requested a time-out. RULING: In (a), Team B is entitled to use the time-out since it was requested and granted; once granted it cannot be revoked and is charged to Team B. All privileges and rights permitted during a charged time-out are available to both teams. Play will resume with a Team A throw-in nearest to where play was stopped. In (b), an accidental whistle has occurred. Team A was not requesting a time-out, and therefore, should not be granted or charged with one. Play is resumed at the point of interruption. (4-36-1; 4-36-2a)

Not the same exact situation, timeout versus a technical foul, but I believe that purpose and intent apply in the original poster's situation as well as Nevadaref's new casebook play.

Also, I would never buy some land without seeing it first, but I did purchase this bridge in Brooklyn, New York. I'm no fool. I took the train down to New York, and saw it before I bought it. I got a real good deal on it. I figure that I could set up some toll booths on it and make some money. Maybe I'll sell the naming rights to some big company. How does the "Colgate Palmolive Bridge In Brooklyn" sound?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 09:01am.