View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 02, 2008, 11:18am
Official Forum Member

Sample test Qs are fun-Not!

OK, here's another funky Q- I told our cadet sup that if I saw this on the exam and got it wrong and failed by one point, I was coming after all of them...

- A team is always granted at least one additional time out without penalty at the start of the first overtime period.

True or False?

I said False. Obviously the sup said the answer was True. My logic is that both teams are always granted ONE additional time out, not AT LEAST one- that implies teams could get more than one. The explanation was that yes, teams get one, but they also carry over whatever is left from regulation time. OK, I know that, but how is that relevant to the way the question is asked? What's wrong with the answer that says- False, teams are always granted only one additional time out per extra period, not always at least one!!

We are being told not to "read into the question" too much. I'm seeing a lot of reading into Qs but also a lot of assuming facts that are not in the question? Overall, I am happy with this training program, but the practice tests are starting to piss me off.

I think I'm probably making too much of this, but I'm not sure....? When there are 170 Qs and you need an 86, there ain't a whole lot of room for error, especially for ambiguous questions....

Z