View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 02, 2008, 11:18am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Rut, I saw pictures in the paper from a game last saturday between De La Salle High School (Concord, CA) and Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, NJ) . Almost every picture showed numerous players from both sides with the exposed knees. This is only one game but it was interesting to see it on two teams from opposite coasts.
Players do not like to wear their pads on their knees because they feel funny, not just because someone was wearing them at another level. I serious doubt that this picture had that much influence on teams across the country and how they wear their uniforms. I live in Big Ten country and I do not see this on a regular basis. The reason is coaches, and officials address it long before the game is played.

I work 3 sports and I see many things that are allowed at the higher level that clearly is not allowed. For some reason, players (and coaches) seem to know or understand what they cannot do. Just like I heard all these celebrations by NFL players would result in many celebrations by high school players. For some reason they just hand the officials the ball and I have almost never had an NFL style celebration in a high school game. And you must consider the video games from the NCAA and NFL ranks that show over the top celebrations. Now why is that part of the game non-existent in my experience (not only the games I work, the games I watch on TV in my area as well)?

Peace