View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 28, 2002, 08:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Chitowncubfan
I'm a rookie official in California and I have been stumped on a few true and false questions for the NFHS open book test. Any help would be great! I cannnot find explanation for these questions.
1.IT IS LEGAL EQUIPMENT FOR A PLAYER TO WEAR A BANDANNA IF IT IS FULLY COVERED BY THE HELMET.]
### True: this annoying item is covered under 1-5-3-k. It is considered a uniform adormnent and must not be visible if worn.

Quote:
2. IN OFFICIATING THE KICKING GAME, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT RULES TO UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY IS WHEN THE KICK ENDS. ]
### True. There are a lot of important rules in the kicking game. This is just one of them. See rule 6.

Quote:
3.A PASS THROWN FROM THE 50 TOWARD THE B45, BUT BLOWN BACK BY THE WIND AND 1ST TOUCHED AT THE A45 IS A BACKWARD PASS.
### False: Back to definitions on this one. See 2-29-1 and 2-29-2. The initial direction is what matters.
Quote:
4. (4TH-6 AT 50) A1 RUNS TO THE B40 AND THROWS AN INCOMPLETE FORWARD PASS. IT WILL BE A 1ST DOWN FOR A AFTER THE PENALTY.
(I'm thinking false ,but I want to make sure)
### False: The penalty for this foul is 5 yards from the spot (the end of the run) and Loss Of Down. So inorder for Team-A to make a 1st down under normal conditions, they would have to make it to the B-44. They made it to the B-40, but after a 5 yard penalty, they are now back at the B-45... short of the line to gain. Now the LOD kicks in and Team-B takes over.

If Team-A would have made it to the B-38, after the penalty they would be at the B-43. This is beyond the Line to gain, they were awarded a 1st down and the LOD would not be applied.
Check this out in Rule-7
Good luck.
Quote:
Any help with these questions would be great!!Thanks for your time! [/B]