View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 28, 2002, 08:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Chitowncubfan
I'm a rookie official in California and I have been stumped on a few true and false questions for the NFHS open book test. Any help would be great! I cannnot find explanation for these questions.
1.IT IS LEGAL EQUIPMENT FOR A PLAYER TO WEAR A BANDANNA IF IT IS FULLY COVERED BY THE HELMET.

A bandanna is not legal equipment. Key word here is legal. Consider, a bandanna or any type of head covering may have a knot or other protrusion. In contact involving the helmet the wearer is subject to brain bruising or injury.

2. IN OFFICIATING THE KICKING GAME, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT RULES TO UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY IS WHEN THE KICK ENDS.

True. Because possession may be involved.

3.A PASS THROWN FROM THE 50 TOWARD THE B45, BUT BLOWN BACK BY THE WIND AND 1ST TOUCHED AT THE A45 IS A BACKWARD PASS.

False. What is the initial direction of the pass.

4. (4TH-6 AT 50) A1 RUNS TO THE B40 AND THROWS AN INCOMPLETE FORWARD PASS. IT WILL BE A 1ST DOWN FOR A AFTER THE PENALTY.
(I'm thinking false ,but I want to make sure)

False. He made 1st down at B's 40. Then, threw an illegal pass -- penalty five yards and loss of down. Spot of foul is B's 40. Enforcement will place the ball at B's 45 with the line to gain B's 44.

Any help with these questions would be great!!Thanks for your time!