View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 30, 2008, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Kurt, this has stopped being about the rules along time ago. No one cares about what some unnamed person feels about this offense. I put my name to an article that you and I both were referenced and I do not feel this is even close to the future of football. For one it was hard to run and the team that ran it lost their first 3 games. And the team in question did not even run this offense for his lower level teams. His lower level teams were running a version of their previous offense. The coach already ran the offense in a scrimmage kick formation and he already passed all the time. When he tried to run shifts and motion, his team was so confused they could not move the ball. And as I said before, a fast quick team is going to make it very difficult to play against. If a spread offense is difficult for a team to run, this offense is even more difficult to run because so many people have to do things they would not ordinarily do. And if you think a coach is going to evaluate players based on a offense that is a gimmick and not see how they can fit them into the skill sets they have to teach, then you will have to show me a person that is playing at the major college level that has been in this offense and had success. I can tell you the team I saw, I do not know if anyone on that offense is something special as a player. Running in space is one thing, creating the space is another all together. Sorry Kurt, this sounds like spam when all you are talking about is what people think. I am in sales too and nothing you have said is going to change what people think about this offense or what the NF Committee might do in the future. And you tried to make it seem that everyone on the NF was on board. It is clear by the Chicago Tribune article written about 3 weeks ago that the NF is not completely sold.

Peace

Rut: Yes, I read the article you were quoted in the Chicago Tribune, it was well written and I respect what you said.

It is interesting to learn what other people think the game of football WILL look like 15 - 20 years from now. So..........

Rut...Exactly, WHAT WILL the Game of Football Look like 15 - 20 years from now in your Opinion?

I look forward to reading your thoughts...thanks, KB