View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 29, 2008, 09:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAndBack View Post
Don't get snippy with me.

It makes no sense to me that a state that operates under the auspices of a governing body can tell that governing body to go fark itself.

This isn't a constitutional "states rights" issue unless there's some codicil to the NFHS charter that specifically delegates certain things to the states like our Constitution does.

That's what I don't understand because it seems dichotomous to me.
I am not getting snippy with you. I am just telling you how it is. The NF does not have the power that the Federal Government has over states to "keep them in line" with US Government policy. The NF is much more dependent on states to govern and make money than the other way around. And if a state wants to say we do not want to be a member, they could and the only consequence that took place might be that officials do not get rulebooks from them anymore as easily. And that is why Texas is not hurting because they are not NF Football Members. And there are other states that are not NF Members because they decide they want to use rules the NF rules.

In other words, ask yourself what is the NF doing to those states that decide to outlaw this offense? So far not a thing.

Peace