View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 29, 2008, 03:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBryan View Post
Thanks, Rut, and I have posted other questions on officiating topics and/or replied to many on this board and others, etc.

1. It is NOT true that nearly half of the 48 states have banned the offense. It is 8 states plus D.C., A-11 is Legal in 40 states.

2. Recruiting of Kids: It is Not true the A-11 hurts kids chances of playing collegiate football. The Coaches who talk to us, LIKE the fact they see kids playing in space (most college teams are spread out now), because it gives them a chance to gauge the kid's speed, quickness, agility, strength and reaction time, because most of the players are easy to see, etc.

3. This is an excellent forum about many officiating issues on several threads, and No this is Not spam. I am not the one who brought it up, but it is important to keep the truth out there, when other people deliberately spread mistruths.

4. Like was said, earlier...there is PLENTY of room in America for traditional wonderful football, and new cutting edge brands of football as well.

Have a great week, and thank you.

KB
Kurt, this has stopped being about the rules along time ago. No one cares about what some unnamed person feels about this offense. I put my name to an article that you and I both were referenced and I do not feel this is even close to the future of football. For one it was hard to run and the team that ran it lost their first 3 games. And the team in question did not even run this offense for his lower level teams. His lower level teams were running a version of their previous offense. The coach already ran the offense in a scrimmage kick formation and he already passed all the time. When he tried to run shifts and motion, his team was so confused they could not move the ball. And as I said before, a fast quick team is going to make it very difficult to play against. If a spread offense is difficult for a team to run, this offense is even more difficult to run because so many people have to do things they would not ordinarily do. And if you think a coach is going to evaluate players based on a offense that is a gimmick and not see how they can fit them into the skill sets they have to teach, then you will have to show me a person that is playing at the major college level that has been in this offense and had success. I can tell you the team I saw, I do not know if anyone on that offense is something special as a player. Running in space is one thing, creating the space is another all together. Sorry Kurt, this sounds like spam when all you are talking about is what people think. I am in sales too and nothing you have said is going to change what people think about this offense or what the NF Committee might do in the future. And you tried to make it seem that everyone on the NF was on board. It is clear by the Chicago Tribune article written about 3 weeks ago that the NF is not completely sold.

Peace