Thread: IHSA Officials
View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 28, 2008, 12:00pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Cord Of The Net Has Less Than A 120 Thread Count. Penalty? Citation Please ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Test only test what you know on the test. Tests do not test your ability to be an official.
Which is why the Refresher Exam only counts 10% here in my little part of Connecticut. Colleague ratings count 80%. Attendance at meetings counts 5%. Availability to the assigner counts 5%. This overall rating, averaged over a three year period, determines your ranking, which determines the level, and number of games, that you will be assigned.

But I still think that knowledge of the rules is one important part of being an official. You always hope that you don't have to use 2-10 in a game, but if, and when, you do, you better know how to correct an error, because if you don't do it right, you can bet that the coach, fans, local sportswriters, local cable televison announcers, and your buddies, over a cold adult beverage, after the game, will give you a hard time.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)