View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

Moderators, Part II

Okay, since we're giving some serious thought and discussion to what's appropriate here, and what's not...

What about to point I raised in the other thread?

IMHO way more destructive than off topic posts are the completely uncivil posts by those who have knighted themselves as the "keepers of the one true way."

You know the posts I mean. It's nearly impossible to have a civil discussion about unorthodox mechanics, rules v. reality, the NBA way, what the NCAA big dogs do and why we might want to do the same, and many similar topics because inevitably certain posters get their panties in a wad and begin howling and shouting trying to drive the heretics from our hallowed halls. And, in the end, they claim it's all a righteous quest to not allow newbies to be confused by bad ideas.

I'll take pages of off topic posts over one of these nasty tirades any day.

So, since we're asking our good citizens to exercise a modicum of self control in keeping posts on topic, and our moderators to get involved more in policing the sadly declining (in some people's opinions) tone of this board, I'm asking the same in addressing this much larger elephant that's been allowed to rampage around the room.