View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 27, 2002, 02:32pm
Official Forum Member

Sooooo,

We know whenever there is a discussion about FED GreyMule and Jim Porter will always take the side against FED.

At least Jim admits freely admits that he is in a non-FED state. Greymule intimates that he retored from FED becasue he didn't like the rules.

I followed Grey for 25 years. I got tired of the FED BS and retired from High School baseball becasue I hated FED rules.

But that changed. Why?

Because I took the time to try to understand WHY the FEDlandia rules run as they do. That became a pretty serious journey.

ON TOBACCO-LIKE PRODUCTS:

No where does FED make a definitive judgement about "Big League Chew" . . . I can't picture ANY umpire (let me rephrase that) . . . I can't picture ANY umpire, that isn't an overly officious jerk, from making an issue with the product.

The "product" does not resemble a tobbaco product . . . the packaging is different enough there is never a confusion.

FED has done a very good job at reviewing their rules every year. Since Brad Rumble has left FED there are even some changes occuring that help the school based game.

We can just hope that this years new group will finally face up to some of the inconsistencies, editing problems and big differecnes from OBR and find an even better working set of rules.