View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 26, 2008, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkishowl20 View Post
The “stay off the QB when on a knee” comment is smart. Does anyone protect the center? If A intends to take a knee, B could put 11 men over the center and end up knocking him into the QB legally, they do have some rights to disrupt the snap. “Be smart” covers this put is pretty vague. The ideal is the defense plays regularly (one player over the center) and the QB quickly kneels so the defense can let up before they really start. What would you flag if the defense shifted into this dangerous alignment over the center? UC? or Just stop play and tell them not to do this? Nothing, and allow danger to occur? The more you think about the kneel situation the more dangerous you realize it is.
You are joking aren't you? 11 men lined up on the center? Dangerous alignment? In my 20 years of officiating I have come across some really kooky and idiotic coaches, but never one that would even imagine something like that. Are you somehow thinking the force of 11 players could all hit the center at once? I apologize for anything negative I may have said to you in that other thread. It is unthinkable that I would have argued with someone that is obviously so mentally challenged. I do commend you for being able to get on the internet and type words. If someone else is doing the typing for you please extend my apology to them as well.