Thread: Moderators
View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 25, 2008, 05:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Build A Better Moustrap ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
My hope is that with real basketball in a couple months (or sooner), things will get back to on-topic conversations. It always has in the past. The other thing is, if the off-topic stuff weren't here, there would be almost nothing at all here. So it's not like we're drowning out people who want to be heard. It'd be more like the NFHS board with very little activity, for better or for worse. I go there once every two weeks or so and read 5 new posts. But hey, all of it's on-topic.
Agree, and agree again.

When we all start attending our local meetings in a few weeks I believe that things will start to both pick up, and get a lot more serious, at least that is my hope.

Also, the NFHS basketball forum is a "dead zone", like that Verizon commercial on television. At one point there was not a single post from mid-August to early-September. I check it every day, hoping to find some stimulating question, answer, comment, opinion, etc. When there are posts, they're usually quite good, but there are a lot less posts, a lot, lot less posts, on the NFHS basketball forum, than on this Forum.

Jokes, name calling, put downs, images (I'm trying to limit my self to infrequent, on topic, images from now on), inside jokes, hijacked threads, sidetracked threads, no closure to some threads, etc. make checking out this site a longer task than I would like, and I check it every day. It would be nice if this Forum only had questions, answers, comments, opinions, etc., on rules, interpretations, and mechanics, but, I can't find a better basketball officiating forum anywhere on the internet. If you know of one, could you please share it with us?

Maybe the moderators could be a little tougher in terms of censoring our posts, but I'm sure that if they were, some Forum members would complain.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 06:05pm.