Thread: IHSA Officials
View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 25, 2008, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Every request is not cheating. Everyone does not take every test for the same reasons. Everyone is not a regular to know that kind of information. And taking a test does not mean anything. It never has and it never will. When coaches start asking us what our test score is, I will buy into that logic. They never do or even know we actually had to take a test, so who cares what someone asks about a stupid test. You need to do more reading of a rulebook anyway than when you have to take a silly test.

Peace
I'm just going to jump in with a quick observation - doesn't the IHSA require a minimum test score to keep your license every year? If that's the case, the test score does mean something. And I know of officials that have copied the answers just so they don't have to go through the process of discussing the rules, or looking them up on their own. So, in that case, they really are cheating.

In this case, I agree with the Really Old One, in that there are people that come here just to get the answers, not to discuss and learn about the answers. There's a diffference.

(Used with permission.)