Thread: Moderators
View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 25, 2008, 12:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
I agree, but my hope is that with real basketball in a couple months (or sooner), things will get back to on-topic conversations. It always has in the past.

The other thing is, if the off-topic stuff weren't here, there would be almost nothing at all here. So it's not like we're drowning out people who want to be heard. It'd be more like the NFHS board with very little activity, for better or for worse. I go there once every two weeks or so and read 5 new posts. But hey, all of it's on-topic.
Actually I disagree with the NFHS Board comparison. The football and baseball sides prosper without all the off-topic issues and those sites are much more popular than their Basketball counterpart. Not to say that people do not make an occasional joke, but it is not as constant. And if you look at the Football side on this site, there is a lot of football only discussion. Now the conversations might be heated at times or contentious, but there is mostly talk about the sport and issues dealing with the sport from an officiating side. On this site we have more joke makers and that is fine with me. I just think we take it a little far sometimes. There used to be a time when someone would make a joke and we would laugh and get back to the topic. Now people ask one question and the question never gets answered but where are 20 different jokes. Of course that is a testament to the good people here. I just think we are driving away many of the good people without realizing it. JMHO.

Peace