View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 22, 2008, 09:29am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM_Ref View Post
We had a very competitive varsity game a couple weeks. It was between 2 in-county teams that have a yearly rivalry game. It was a very intense game but in the end the visiting team came out ahead. There was 2 seconds left, the visiting team was on the home team's 5 yard line and was getting ready to kneel on the ball and end the game.

Coach notified the HL that they were going to kneel on the ball. He moved in and started letting the defense know that they were kneeling. At U I also turned to the LB'ers that they were kneeling. There was a LB to my right that was jawing off at the linemen, pointing at the TE saying "I'm gonna get you! You're mine!" As the QB went into his routine, the LB'er starting charging towards the TE and went in, head first at the TE drilling him pretty hard.

How would you all handle this?
If the LB went in before the snap, I've most definitely got a DQ. I may also decide to end the game if I believe that B's team actions were in conflict with the football playing ethics listed at the start of the rulebook.

If the LB went in after the snap, I've got a UR. There is nothing that says if A is going to take a knee, that B has to let up. If A fumbles the snap, the ball is live and B has 100% of the right to try and recover that ball - in which they can score! Therefore, I do not expect B not to play to the end of the play.