Thread: No one saw it!
View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 19, 2008, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cynic View Post
First of all, my team and I received an apology from the covering official on the play. Therefore, I would say they didn't get it right. Beyond that, everyone who responded on this thread seems to agree that if the ball carrier ends up in the end zone with the ball and no one saw at least a knee down then it should have been ruled a good conversion. I was there. No one saw a knee down and no one said they did. Once again, it seems as though they didn't get it right.
What is your point? I haven't discussed if it was a touchdown or not.

Quote:
You claim that the officials would have come to the same conclusion with or without the coaches on the field. Are you sure about that? Take a look at who is standing right next to the Referee when he makes the call… that's right... it is the coach from team B. What did he say? Is it not possible that he influenced the referee, since the referee wasn't huddling with his crew?
All the more reason to not allow them on the field in the first place.

Quote:
Dead ball multiple unsportmanlike conduct penalties would be marched off in both directions at the free kick line which would essentially mean that they would "offset". Before you hurt yourself typing, I know the difference in semantics, but the end result is "offset." Most people in the real word would know what I was saying without trying to play the role of the Philadelphia lawyer. Even the umpire in charge of marching off the penalties would agree with me and likely save himself the 30 yard trip back to where he began.
Actually we were talking aboout sideline warnings. Depending on how many times it had been called during the game the penalty could have been 0, 5, or 15 yards on each team.

And no, I'm not a Philadelphia Lawyer. Saying dead ball USC fouls offset is complety wrong. Some people will beleive that and then on a try they will have the peanlties offset instead of enforcing them both, one of which would be half the distance to the goal line instead of 15 yards.

Quote:
You use semantics in your next argument too. There is 30 sesonds left. We are down one point and have to kick off. What are the odds that we win that game? Less than 1% chance I would say. If we had gotten the call in our favor, what would our odds be then? Would those odds have increased by over 95%? I am quite sure. That is what I mean by "game over." {We tried the onside kick and didn't get it. And remarkably, we lost} If you don't agree with my logic, please don't go to Vegas and try and make a living. You won't make too much money trying to hit on 19 or 20 while playing blackjack.
So the game wasn't over after the try. Your team still tried to win. Obviosly they were losing with not a lot of time left therefore their chances of winning were not very high.

Quote:
Then there is the point that I suck as a coach. Maybe that's true. You are only as good as your last game (We won that one by one point). It’s open to interpretation. I am sure that the nine county/area coach of the year awards that our staff has won over the past five years would be no indication of our ability to coach...not to mention the fact that we have the three best records in the history of the school including an undefeated season last year.
Maybe you would have the 4 best records in the history of the school if you played the last 30 seconds of every game

Quote:
Why don’t you step off the field for a year and into the coaches’ box. Remember, I have done your job, are you sure you can do mine?
No thanks.