View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 17, 2008, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljet View Post

If I was ed I would have found a way to have thrown a flag on Denver on either the final 4th down play or the 2 pointer to redeem myself, having known that I just completely hosed a team that fought back from a 21-3 deficit and obviously would have won the game had I not choked.

Obviously you aren't an official. Our integrity is much better than that. Missed calls are never good, but in the eyes of officials, phantom calls are much worse. 2 wrongs don't make it right. Suppose the chargers sacked the QB instead of the whistle being blown. Guess what. The chargers still have to stop Denver twice. The chargers still would have lost. If you are upset at the officiating this why don't you walk in our shoes for 1 game. You'd freeze up and wouldn't have a clue. I know, I was a fan once. I quit complaining and became an official. Not long after that I realized that officials are right the majority of the time, and most of the things I complained about were flat out wrong. Fans don't know the rules, they don't no the intents or philosophy of the rules. You see, you complain about holding on some plays, but the fact is, what you are seeing may be perfectly legal.