View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 16, 2008, 10:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
BB,
In Indiana they used to tell R1 to keep a card while on the stand. At least that what a lot of my old partners told me.
Rev, you're probably right. I would say that at least 50% of my partners keep one as R1. Even the lady I worked the varsity match with last night, who is in her third year, kept a card. Like stmaryrams, I only keep a card as R1 when working alone, and once I check the lineup I stick it in my pocket and leave it there. I make sure to tell the SK that I will be relying on them for help. I've found it to be a great help the suggestion by either Jan or Felix that when I'm asked for a lineup check that I ask the SK for the next three servers and/or the last three servers. Of course I let the SK know before the match starts that if a lineup check is requested that I will be asking for this info. I do this if I am R1 working alone or R2. My partner tonight, who is a good official and has about five years experience, as I do, struggled tonight when asked for lineup checks. He moved a couple of players back and forth twice before finally settling on the lineup. I totally had flashbacks of me doing this exact thing before I began relying on the SK, who has the OFFICIAL lineup.