View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 11, 2008, 06:41am
Esteemed Forum Member

Sorry ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar
JR - While not an "old timer", I have obviously noticed it too over the last few weeks. IMO, bottom line - a) many posts were side-tracked, b) some didn't like the "humor", attempts at humor, or pictures, and c) as you note, some got very personal and aggressive.
I don't consider myself a veteran of the Forum, but I have been around for a few years.

My opinion:

a) (from above): I agree, many posts have gotten sidetracked. It doesn't bother me too much, unless the question, or comment, behind the original thread never gets resolved.

b) Guilty as charged. I didn't realize how irritating this can be to other Forum members. I'm bored this time of year. I have found some posts by members like Jurassic Referee, and photos by members like Mark Padgett, to be amusing, so I tried to join in the fun. I'll try to tone it down, but like I said, I'm bored. I can't wait until the season begins, and I can make some real contributions to the Forum.

c) I disagree on this point. I think that the personal and aggressive posts have decreased from a few years ago, especially since Old School left the building.

muxbule makes a good point about inside jokes, I still scratch my head about some posts.

JRutledge's point about the Forum turning in the NF website is kind of interesting. I've noticed that even the NFHS website was getting less business, and my twin brother, Billy Mac, mentioned it on the site a few weeks ago. http://www.nfhs.org/cgi-bin/ultimate...;f=11;t=001770 He's the 17th post on this thread, after absolutely no posting on this site for about two weeks. Check out some of the comments after his post.

Has the Forum been quiet? Yes, but I don't think that members are leaving because of sidetracks, humor, photos, personal and aggressive posts, inside jokes, etc. It's because it's off season, and as I said, even the NFHS site is quieter than usual.

Finally, I hope that my attempts at humorous posts, and photos, have been offset by some of my real contributions to the Forum. If I have offended anybody, I apologize. If I have bored anyone to tears, again, I'll try to tone it down, and if I can't, then I don't mind the moderators deleting my photos without explanation, I'll know why, and it may teach me a lesson.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Sep 11, 2008 at 06:54am.