View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 10, 2008, 12:38am

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
What about a catcher's chest protector? You could get one for free from the equipment office. They work for catchers, and I used one as an umpire for a 16-18 year old game and took a couple foul tips off it with only a little pain. It should work fine for Little League. Here come the flames.
You are really just inviting people to say things about you, aren't you. You say, "Here come the flames," because you know that your advice is crap and the worst possible thing to say, especially to a man who is sincere about protecting his little girl.

You must do it on purpose. A couple of foul tips with only a little pain? Baseballs hurt, whether it's Little League or any other level. The ball hurts when it hits unprotected areas. Why should this young lady subject herself to any extra pain? That's just stupid. I'm sorry, but I have to say the word stupid on this one.

Hey, a catcher also has a glove and knows where the pitch is going to come usually, and he's TRYING to catch the damn ball. Umpires have to stay still and let the freaking ball hit them! That's why the gear is different.

I would never consider working any level of game with a catcher's chest protector. That kink of advice makes me wonder if you've umpired a few too many games without your mask.

I just hope this is the first of many such posts, but that's probably what you are trying to do.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25