View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 05, 2008, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svm1010
I agree with the previous posts. I'll give the ball carrier the farthest point the ball obtains before it becomes dead. If the carrier voluntarilly concedes yardage (say a QB scramble or RB bouncing over to another running lane) I will reset that point and will go with inital contact unless he begins to advance the ball again.

Judgement call yes, but I don't think there is any fair way around that.
If A1 regains his balance and makes a move up field and is then tackled by B48 at the 25, would that change your spot?

I saw a similar play in a HS game this week on ESPN. They spotted the ball at the catch instead of where he was contacted. On this point we are in total agreement – the spot can not be at the catch.

My question is - does the contact by B22 (without maintaining contact) end forward progress if A1 was already moving in that direction? If A1 makes any attempt to stop or change directions prior to or during contact, I totally agree with the spot at the 29. If he doesn’t - I’m not sure.

I’m not trying to make a point here – I’m truly asking a question. I’m not sure.

Last edited by dumbref; Fri Sep 05, 2008 at 12:51pm.