Thread: 7 man
View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 02, 2008, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue37
How is pay handled? Our schools pay for five officials in varsity games and four officials in lower levels. If they get more than that number, the pay is divided by the number of officials, so the school pays the same total.
The schools are charged a set amount per game by the association.

I don't even know what we get for a game. I think it's $65 for 6 and $57 for 7, or something like that. I don't even know. I don't do it for the money. I take a check at each association meeting that includes three weeks of game fees and a small amount of mileage and it's always a little different.

We have the option of telling the commissioner we do not want to work on a 7 man crew so we don't get an effective pay cut. I never have. Never even thought about it.

Honestly, I don't think any school is asking for 7. We use 7 in playoffs so it's important to use it in the regular season where possible so we know what we're doing come playoffs. Also, if we have 12 games, that's 12 more officials who get to work on Fridays. We're strong enough that we aren't just running poeple out there for the sake of putting them on games.