View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 02, 2008, 01:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L
By what rule do you make the statement "You cannot cut off a receiver running a route"?
Apparently, the NFHS thinks differently. For example, look at 2007 case book sit 7.5.10E. (yeah I know 2007, but that's what I have with me here at work. 2008 stays home.) B's simply stepping into the path without making contact is not a foul. Does the step-in by B initiate the contact or does A have time to avoid B being there? A judgment call all the way, but legally altering the route of a receiver is just good defense.
On this one, I agree with Bob. Pushing the defender down sorta implies action by A that would draw a flag for a foul by him.
Maybe I am missing something here, but we are talking about the OP right? And we are talking about a play with contact and what would or what would not be a foul right? No one is talking about what can or cannot happen without contact. And someone here implied that you could have "illegal contact" under NF rules. No one said there cannot be contact, but if there is a receiver, you better be careful how much contact you initiate.

Peace