Thread: Gustav...
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 01, 2008, 02:18pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Home Of The Brave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandan89
As I am sure that most of you have seen on the television over the past few days Gustav is more than likely going to strike in the next few days. Once again, I am just asking that everyone keep us in mind and pray for us if you will. I will try and keep everyone updated on how everything goes. Unfortunately, I will not get to leave with my family. With they field of work that I am in it requires me to stay. I work for the 911 center in my parish. (Louisiana has parishes not counties.) I also am a member of the Fire Department so I guess if we are not busy at 911, I will be out with them trying to help rescue.
brandan89: It's about 3:00 p.m. EDT. I just checked out the National Hurricane Center website, and it looks like Gustav is headed right toward Lafayette, like you have a big target painted on your town center. You are very brave to remain to help out those in need. I will pray for you, your fellow emergency workers, and all the residents of your great state. Good luck, and may God bless.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Sep 01, 2008 at 04:29pm.