View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

cheese and rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
When I was 13, the local league I played in had very unbalanced teams. Some were made up of weaker players (such as myself), while others had guys who had devestating speed from 55 feet. We had a lot of "games" where we played 4 and a half innings, were lucky to get more than 2 plate appearances per player, most of us struck out at least once, and after an hour and 15 minutes we were done because of a 10 run mercy rule. Nobody improved, the games were a waste of time, the dominant teams acted like jerks, and our team left with a bad taste in our mouths.

It looks like we have another stacked little league team. They should let the pitcher and his team dominate the remainder of the season, then at the end of the year have all coaches fill out skills evaluations for each player. These evaluations can be kept over the winter, and the next year they should hold a day where all kids in the league have their skills evaluated a second time. The coaches can then hold a meeting where they draft players based on both evaluations, so that every team has an equal mix of "A", "B", "C" and "D" players.

Buck up and get in the box...

First guy to make contact is a hero on your "unbalanced" team...

It's not like you see this guy every game...

Take it as a challenge...