View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 22, 2008, 01:53pm
certified Hot Mom tester

This is pretty much off topic but I'd thought I'd share. I was watching an old rerun of the game show "The Name's The Same" on Game Show Network. On this show, they have "ordinary" people with famous names and the panel tries to guess whose name they have. The guest has to answer questions as if they were the famous person. On each show, they also have a celebrity guest who states they would like to be someone else whose famous, all in fun, and answer the questions the same way. On this episode, the celebrity guest was Mickey Mantle. He said he would like to be Prince Philip. This episode was filmed in about 1957, I think. BTW - the panel guessed who Mickey wanted to be. The panel consisted of Carl Reiner, Meredith Wilson and Joan Alexander. The host was Robert Q. Lewis. Mickey didn't really say why he would like to be Prince Philip. They also asked him if a certain homer he hit went 562 or 563 feet. He said 562. Carl Reiner said he once hit 562 baseballs one foot each, but nobody took notice. That was typical of the lame humor of that time.