View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 20, 2008, 06:11am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
My own theory is that Scott Boras realized that he wasn't going to make a penny off of Manny if the Sox picked up Manny's option. So he convinced Manny that he'd make a ton more money (more than $20 million!) as a free agent; but that wouldn't happen if he performed well for Boston. Now, even when Manny has to sign for less than his Sox option called for, at least Boras will make his 10% of whatever Manny gets.

Rays win again in Anaheim, taking over the best record in the AL. Unbelievable. Sox win to keep pace. Yankees lose putting them 11 games back in the division and only 1 game above 4th place. Damon looked really bad in CF in the highlights I saw.

Your theory about Manny is a popular one...held by many others, particularly in the Bah-ston media. Boras is the kinda scuzzball that would try something like that.

The Rays just won't go away, will they? Impressive as hell.

I watched the Yankees game with my youngest son, who is also an avid fan of theirs. He was going out of his mind in the last few innings. First Girardi left the starting pitcher, Rasner, in an inning too long. He's proved himself to be a 5-6 inning pitcher who goes downhill quickly after that. Even though he had a 2-hitter going after 6, the Yankees had a rested bullpen ready to go. But they leave him in....and boom....home run to tie the game. And then Damon drops that flyball in the eighth with a man on first. I can't believe they ruled that a double instead of an error. Damon not only throws like a girl; he's starting to catch like a girl. The flyball that he dropped in the first was the exact same play. He's a DH only....on a team loaded with DH's. Matsui was back last night....finally....but they had to DH him because he can't play a position because of his knee. Giambi is a DH too; they oughta burn his glove. It's the old story...you win with pitching and defense....and the Yankees are a mediocre defensive team at best. A-Rod didn't help either; every time he came up he seemed to strike out....except for that little flare in the ninth that he stoopidly ran into an out at second.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Wed Aug 20, 2008 at 06:25am.