View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 18, 2008, 02:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTaylor
We use NFHS, but this is the procedure we use & it should work for your rule set (someone correct me if I'm wrong...Felix, you out there?)
Move to the side of the net of the team with offending coach/player, then step forward to the sideline of the court while making solid eye contact with the R1. Now hold the card of appropriate color against your chest with the hand away from the net. R1 should respond by taking matching card out of pocket & together you then hold it out to the side. R2 then turns to the table & tells the scorekeeper who the card was assessed to.

I've never encountered an R1 that wouldn't respond to a request for a card from the R2.
I'm here!

Using collegiate or USAV rules, the R2 shouldn't even be carrying cards. The R1 is the only one to administer, so the R1 is the only one who should be carrying.

The R2 doesn't have to be subtle about requesting the card. "I need a yellow card on the coach" is a perfectly acceptable way to request it. If the R1 doesn't hear it, a whistle from the R2 to get the R1's attention is acceptable.

As Marcia Alterman (NCAA Rules Interpreter) would say, "They aren't subtle about earning the card, so we don't have to be subtle about administering it."
PAVO National Referee / Certified Line Judge/Scorer
WIAA/IHSA Volleyball Referee